Best water distiller
- 1 Best water distiller
- 1.1 3 Key Takeaways
- 1.2 Why is distilled water healthy?
- 1.3 What are the 5 steps of distillation?
- 1.4 How to choose the right water distiller for your home?
- 1.5 Comparing top water distillers of 2023:
- 1.6 How to clean a water distiller?
- 1.7 How do you test for distilled water?
- 1.8 Water Distiller vs Reverse Osmosis
- 1.9 Pros and Cons of APEC Water Systems RO system
- 1.10 Frequently Asked Questions:
- 1.11 Conclusion
- 1.12 About The Author
Having access to clean drinking water for consumption is crucial. The need can also arise to have pure water for other purposes. For example, cleaning surgical equipment, dentistry, laboratory experiments, etc. For such reasons, it is required to invest in water distillers. These units can distill water to remove almost every trace of impurity in it.
In this article, we will help you find the best water distillers available in the market. Right from their innovative features and techniques used, we will carefully analyze the best water distiller to suit your home. With that said, let us get started.
3 Key Takeaways
- Water distillation is the highest technique of water filtration or purification that can remove up to 99.99% of impurities present in the water source.
- The quality of the water source and the contaminants present in it will determine the type of water distiller to be purchased.
- Pure Water Mini Classic is equipped with highly efficient features and qualitative parts to produce up to 0.8 gallons of distilled water every 3 ½ hour cycle.
Why is distilled water healthy?
Distilled water is the best form of purified water you can get. For this reason, distilled water is used for several purposes that demand zero traces of contamination. You can be confident that only by the distilling water purification method you can acquire pure water that is free from lead, nitrates, and microorganisms.
- It is a piece of general advice to use distilled water to mix formula for babies. The complete absence of all types of contaminants makes distilled water safe for babies and young children.
- The economical and healthy way to avoid using bottled water is to invest in the best water distiller. Water distillation will dive purified water that is devoid of most health-harmful contaminants, impurities, and even other agents that can tamper with the water’s taste and smell.
- Another common area where pure distilled water is used extensively is the health industry. Hospitals and dental clinics rely on distilled water for the sterilization of medical instruments for surgery and surfaces, cleaning wounds, and post-treatment mouth rinses (in dental practices).
- Canned vegetables, fruits, and legumes also make use of only pure distilled water. The purity of distilled water will help to maintain the color and taste of the ingredients inside the can. Owing to the mineral and salt content in tap water, it will easily result in cloudiness and even potentially change the taste and color of the food inside the tin.
- The lower boiling point of distilled water makes it convenient for cooking. Distilled water will also prevent discoloration of fruits and vegetables (like potatoes) while boiling them. Surprisingly, you will also notice that the ability of distilled water to absorb more flour than tap water will give you smoother batter once it is baked.
- Did you know that with regular use of distilled water, you can prevent irritation of skin and hair? The calcium and magnesium deposits in hard water will dry out the skin and hair, making the hair brittle and skin rough overuse. The mineral content also makes it difficult to lather soap or shampoo.
For all the above-mentioned examples (and more), it makes complete sense to switch out to distilled water over regular tap water wherever necessary.
What are the 5 steps of distillation?
The distillation process inside a water distillation system takes place in 5 steps. Although these steps may seem simple, the distillation process is built to be highly advanced to produce pure water. Water distillation units carry out the distillation process in 5 steps. Let us take a quick look at them.
1. Boiling water
To begin with the distillation process, the water is first added into the boiling chamber. With the help of a heating element, the water is heated up until the boiling point reaches a rolling boil. As this boiling water, it gives rise to steam.
2. Steam traveling into the condenser
The boiling chamber comes with a vent. Once the water reached boiling point, the steam which rises from there is made to pass through a vent into a condenser. If the water has any contaminants that cannot be vaporized at the boiling point of water, these contaminants will be retained.
3. Steam converting into liquid form
Changing the steam into water droplets takes place in the nest phase. A fan that is present inside the condenser will chill the steam and convert it into water liquid. The water droplets that have been collected here will make their way to reach the activated carbon filter. The water droplet will reach the activated carbon filter via the condenser tube.
4. Filtering out the impurities
In the next stage, filtering out the impurities takes place. To remove the contaminants, the post-carbon filter utilizes the process of adsorption. Impurities that could have been sent out as gases, but have entered via the condenser as steam will be subject to adsorption by the post-carbon filter.
5. Water droplet collection
The water droplets now that are free from all biological contaminants and impurities will enter the holding tank. The droplets will leave the water distiller through a spout that leads into the holding tank. This pure distilled water is ready for use.
How to choose the right water distiller for your home?
There are plentiful water purification methods available. Among the different water filtration methods, the most reliable technique that guarantees to purify water effectively is water the distillation process. Finding the best water distiller takes time and effort. There are plentiful pure water distillers present in the model. Finding the right model that can give you purified water is not simple. You must carefully evaluate the requirements of your home, budget, technology used in the water distillation process, etc., to understand which pure water distiller will suit you.
Here we have 5 important factors that must be considered before you invest in a water distiller for purifying water effortlessly.
1. Water supply quality
The first factor to be dealt with before you invest in any water distiller is to know what must be filtered from your water supply. All water supply isn’t the same. The water quality and the type of unnatural or biological contaminants present in them will determine the efficiency of the water distillation process necessary. Water distillers are indeed highly potential units to give filtered water as pure distilled water, better in water taste, and free from impurities. However, it is crucial to be aware of the water quality to be worked with.
The type of water filters used in the water distiller will determine the effectiveness of the water distillation process. Depending on the water filter type, you will be able to estimate the quality of the filtered water obtained. While some contaminants might be retained in the filtered water, others may be removed completely depending on the type of water filter used.
The best water distillers that are equipped to remove all impurities will come with activated carbon filters. An activated carbon filter can remove even hazardous chemicals. Volatile organic compounds can evaporate and condense with water and are therefore difficult to trap. To one’s advantage, activated charcoal filters are built to trap even volatile organic compounds. Look for water distillers that have activated charcoal filters in them if your water supply has volatile organic compounds in them.
2. Distillation chamber size
Another aspect to be taken into consideration before purchasing a water distiller is the size of the boiling chamber. The tap water is heated to a boiling point in the boiling chamber. Once the water reaches the boiling point in the boiling chamber, it will vaporize and travel to a cooling corridor where condensation will take place. The capacity of the boiling chamber can vary depending on the model and type of the water distiller. Although most water distillers are built to have a 1-gallon boiling chamber capacity there are other models available that can up to 5 gallons or 10 gallons as the capacity of their boiling chamber.
3. Speed of the distillation process
The distillation speed is also going to vary across different models of pure water distillers. The average distillation speed for a regular water distiller is 1 gallon of water within 5 hours of the distillation process. There are also other types of water distillers available where the unit can filter water to produce 4 gallons of distilled water in 4 hours. However, for such models, the distillation process might be slower without having any method to hasten the distillation process.
Before you invest in a water distiller you must be fully aware of the fact that a distillation cycle and distillation process cannot take place like water filters. You cannot rely upon water distillers to give you pure water on demand at your convenience.
4. NSF certification
The best water distiller model must carry an NSF certification. The efficiency of the performance of a water distiller can be estimated by the single NSF Standard 62 certification. With the NSF certification, you can be confident that the unit comes with the guarantee that it is safe for use and with the ability to deliver optimal performance.
Apart from the NSF certification, you can also look up if the manufacturer has performed third-party testing. A water distiller that has been tested by a third party and comes with the transparency to share the results will certainly be a piece of reliable equipment.
Having a clear understanding of the budget range of the unit before you identify the right model to give you pure distilled water is important. The average cost range for water distillers will vary depending on the type. Regular water distillers, plumbing distillers, and automatic water distillers will differ in their price. The average range of home water distillers is $250 to $650. The cost will depend on the manufacturer, size, capacity, and distillation speed.
With the n number of choices in the market it is possible to find water distillers within any budget range. You can select this budget after analyzing the features and requirements to meet your needs.
Comparing top water distillers of 2023:
To make your effort in finding the best water distiller in the market easy, let us take a look at the list we have here. After careful and thorough analysis, we have formulated a list of the bestselling and best-performing water distillers in 2023. Let us get started.
First, on the list, we have the Pure Water Mini Classic Countertop Water Distiller. This compact and portable water distiller is an ideal choice to purify water effortlessly, especially for a single user, renters, or a small family. The capacity of this countertop water distiller can produce approximately 0.8 gallons of distilled water every 3 ½ hour cycle. You can rely upon the effectiveness of this Pure Water Mini Classic Countertop Water Distiller to get 99.99+% pure water.
Being a countertop water distiller, this unit does not require any installation. The distiller does not even require a water line hookup. It is designed to function much like a coffee maker, simple and efficient. The high-quality 304-grade stainless steel build of this water distiller ensures that the water purification process does not come in contact with plastic through its different stages. With this sturdy and high-quality build, you can get pure and fresh water from the comfort of your home anytime.
The simple design of this countertop water distiller comes with a removable boiling tank for easy filling and cleaning. Another beneficial and important feature of this Pure Water Mini Classic water distiller is its feature that does not boil dry. This makes it safe and even gives it the ability to produce high-quality water. You can rest assured that getting purified water with this water distiller is safe and easy because it has an automatic timer and automatic shut-off feature for safety.
The quality of the purified water obtained by the Pure Water Mini Classic is exceptional because its patented dual purity vents allow VOCs to escape. There is also an additional sewn activated carbon post filter to absorb any possible VOCs. This activated post-carbon filter is devoid of plastic or glue. The Pure Water Mini Classic water distiller also comes with the guarantee of removing the broadest range of waterborne contaminants from the water. The Third Party testing performed by this unit to purify water improves the reliability and assurance that one has on this water distiller.
The maintenance required to make sure that the capacity and performance of this unit are not diminished is simple. You simply have to rinse out the boiling tank after each cycle. You can clean the boiling tank approximately once a month and replace the carbon filter approximately every 3 months. To get the process started, you just have to Pure Water Mini Classic countertop water distiller on any surface or countertop that has at least 3 inches of clearance above and around the machine. You must remember that the purpose of the clearance area is for ventilation. The Pure Water Mini Classic Countertop Water Distiller is not recommended to be used within any enclosed space (for example in a cupboard or under the sink area).
Does the Pure Water Mini Classic water distiller have all the features you hope to have in a unit to get purified water? If this pure water distiller meets your expectations, bring home this unit at the best price to handle all your needs to deliver drinking water.
Pros and Cons of Pure Water Mini Classic Countertop Water Distiller
- One of the best water distillers in the market for purifying drinking water.
- Compact size and design that is ideal for a single user or small family.
- This food-grade stainless steel water distiller is made in the USA.
- The stainless steel interior of this Pure Water Mini Classic water distiller keeps the water away from plastic contamination.
- The one-gallon glass jar that comes with a handle and pour-through lid is BPA-free and lead-free.
- Comes with a 15-year warranty on stainless steel and 2 years on electrical components.
- The add-ons are 4 packs of activated post carbon filter, Extra pure water glass jar, Stainless steel polish, and Lumen cleaner to clean the stainless steel water distiller.
- This Pure Water Mini Classic can produce approximately 3 liters of distilled water per 3.5-hour cycle.
- Has an inbuilt automatic timer and automatic shut-off feature to get purified water without any safety concerns.
- Excellent design that ensures that even the broader range of waterborne contaminants are removed.
- The patented dual purity vents and sewn activated carbon post filter will trap hazardous VOCs in the water.
The next stainless water distiller that we have on the list is the Megahome Countertop Water Distiller. The features built into this water distiller make it a highly functional and trustworthy unit that exists in the market. The best aspect of investing in a Megahome water distiller is the UL approval. Every unit of Megahome water distiller is approved by the UL or Underwriters Laboratory which individually tests the units to guarantee the safety and performance of the unit. This guarantee makes it easier to rely on the quality of the purified water obtained from the Megahome water distiller.
This best water distiller in the market is built to complete 1 gallon of pure steam distilled water in 5.5 hours. Having been manufactured with high-grade 304 Stainless Steel, you can trust the durability of the Megahome water distiller. The components made of steel in this high-quality stainless steel distiller include the outer shell, boiling chamber, upper cover, and condensing coils. The unit also has a glass collection bottle and a removable lid for convenience. The process of getting purified water in the Megahome Water Distiller is straightforward. All that is required from the user is to fill the boiling chamber with water and hit the start button. The automatic shut-off feature will turn off the water distiller when purified water is produced at the end of the water cycle.
The higher boiling point of 212 degrees will kill bacteria and parasites when the water is inside the boiling chamber. This high temperature in the boiling chamber is required to remove toxins and contaminants in the unclean water. To facilitate the process to get distilled water, 6 high-quality activated charcoal filters are also available as an option. The assistance from carbon filtration comes in handy when VOCs such as chlorine or other toxins that can form into a vapor are present in the water supply. Removing and capturing these toxins from the distilled water becomes possible with the function of carbon filters.
Getting pure and fresh distilled water for every need with this stainless steel water distiller takes place with the durable and easy-to-use porcelain lined nozzle and a glass collection bottle. By investing in this water you will get drinking distilled water that is free from 99-99.9% of impurities, devoid of toxins, and even has better water taste. You can save the money spent on bottled water in the long run by purchasing this unit to drink distilled water.
With this water distiller, you can effectively remove the use of single-use bottled water from your lifestyle. By reducing the carbon footprint, you will be able to resort to a planet-friendly water distillation method with this unit. If you are confident that the features in this distiller are perfect to purify tap water, bring home the Megahome Water Distiller to enjoy a supply of fresh water at any given time.
Pros and Cons of Megahome Countertop Water Distiller
- One of the best countertop water distiller models from Megahome.
- Comes with UL or Underwriters Laboratory approval and 1-year warranty.
- The unit uses high-grade 304 stainless steel that is used to build the boiling chamber, upper steam dome, and condensing coils.
- Designed to complete 1 gallon of pure steam distilled water in 5.5 hours.
- The temperature within the boiling chamber can go up to 212 degrees to destroy bacteria and other parasites in the tap water.
- Removal of VOCs like chlorine or other toxins is taken care of by the carbon filters.
- Production of pure and fresh water is supported by the porcelain lined nozzle and collection bottle in glass.
- Improved water quality and water taste save you from using bottled water.
The next unit that we have on the list that is socially designed t take over your water distillation concerns is the H2OLabs Stainless Steel Water Distiller. This is one of the best water distillers in the market that comes with exclusive activated carbon pods that can last twice as long and contain thrice the filtering media. With this design and technique, you will have the guarantee to receive highly effective VOC removal. Moreover, one acquires the benefit of receiving a full year supply with 6 packs along with the order purchased.
The BPA-free and food-grade stainless steel and plastic parts ensure the purity of the water. 304 stainless steel is used to make the entire steam chamber that includes the bottom, sides, and dome, and even the full length of the condensing coil. The innovative Porcelain Nozzle Insert is present to ensure that the purity of the drinking distilled water is not compromised at any cost. This will see to the fact that the drinking distilled water produced after the distillation process does not touch any plastic at all.
Yet another feature of the H2OLabs Stainless Steel Water Distiller that deserves appreciation is its cautious sizing of the heating element. While some water distillers promote a large-sized or watt heating element claimed to be faster than the distillation speed or the distillation cycle. On the contrary, water distillation that is carried out using a large watt element for the distillation cycle will lead to rapid boiling of the tap water. This will result in distilled water being filled with VOCs and other hazardous contaminants. While some automatic water distillers and stainless steel distiller models incorporate a futile splash shield to prevent the contamination process, it can be noticed that the drinking water or purified water still retains contaminants. In this best water distiller, the 565-watt heating element is present to carry out the boiling process
The other add-ons that are included with this stainless steel distiller to produce purified water from tap water or spring water are; an “Easy Lift” glass carafe, a large jar of non-toxic Cleaning Crystals (which can come in handy for hard water scale), a whole years supply of H2o Labs Exclusive Activated Carbon Pods. This compact water distiller is also low maintenance with its high-grade stainless steel interior design.
Does the H2OLabs Water Distiller meet your expectations to get pure distilled drinking water? If yes, invest in this high-quality pure water distiller to convert tap water or spring water into clean drinking distilled water effortlessly.
Pros and Cons of H2OLabs Stainless Steel Water Distiller
- One of the best stainless steel distiller units available in the market to distill water to perfection.
- Built with a high-grade stainless steel interior for durable water filtration methods.
- Rated as the best automatic water distillers in 2023 that comes with H2o Labs EXCLUSIVE Activated Carbon Pods that last twice as long and contain thrice the filtering media. This will guarantee that the water distillation process and the water distilled is thoroughly free from contaminants.
- This pure water distiller can produce 4 liters of water distilled at the end of the process.
- The 565-watt heating element monitors that the distilled speed and process are controlled in a manner to avoid the presence of VOCs and contaminants.
- Additional features that come with this water distiller cover the “Easy Lift” glass carafe, a large jar of non-toxic Cleaning Crystals, and a whole year’s supply of H2o Labs Exclusive Activated Carbon Pods.
- Highly efficient unit and operation that will remove the requirement to spend money on bottled water by helping you drink distilled water in your comfort.
CO-Z Water Distiller is the next best unit that we have on the list that can produce pure distilled water in the comfort of your home. This countertop water distiller is backed with several features that make it an ideal choice to carry out uninterrupted and seamless distillation.
The one-button control makes it straightforward to operate this water distiller. The Auto Shut Off feature at 300 degrees Fahrenheit, 99.9% removal of contaminants via a highly efficient distillation process, presence of quick cooling coils and fan, durable build with the TUV certified wiring, high-grade stainless steel interior build, etc., are a few of the many specifications in this unit that offer support in producing distilled water.
The integrated fan condenser present will hasten the condensation collection process. This takes place while simultaneously offering protection to the machine against overheating. Removing organic contaminants from the tap water or spring water supply is handled by the carbon filter kept inside the high-grade stainless steel outlet. This high-grade stainless steel body and the 1.1-gallon glass water jug collector are present to withstand corrosion, high temperatures, keep away contamination, and for mess-free maintenance.
The safety while operating this machine is taken care of by the automatic shut-off and the reset button. While the process starts once the button is turned On, the machine will also stop automatically once the water level is low and the glass container needs to be refiled. The No-Slip base with three non-skid pads is perfect for securely placing this water distiller on any counter, desk, table, or shelf.
The quality and safety checks of the product are reliable owing to the UL certification. Since the plug is UL-certified, it is designed to meet international safety and sustainability standards. Moreover, you also acquire a chamber cleaner that is ideal to clean the interiors of the until. You can rest assured that the distilled water that is collected by this unit is completely free from contaminants.
Are you looking for the perfect water distiller to give you clean and fresh distilled water anytime? Whether it is for dentistry, CPAP machines, humidifiers, labs, aquariums, or for cooking; the CO-Z unit is one of the best water distillers to invest in.
Pros and Cons of CO-Z Water Distiller
- Trusted as one of the best water distillers in 2023 to produce distilled water that is chemical-free, metal-free, pollutant-free, germ-free, and has under 2 ppm Total Dissolved Solids.
- An ideal choice to turn tap water or spring water into pure water that is 99.9% free from contaminants and impurities.
- Obtaining high-quality purified water without any trace of impurities is managed by the high-grade stainless steel body of the boiling chamber or boiling tank and the glass container where the water distilled is collected.
- To distill water to perfection, a fan condenser, carbon filter, chamber cleaner, etc., are the other features built into the unit.
The next unit that we have on the list is Waterwise 4000 Water Distiller. This is another one of the most reliable units in the market that can turn contaminant-filled spring water or tap water into pure water. If you are looking to produce distilled water that is free from all impurities at your comfort, be it for dental or other medical procedures, CPAP machines, labs, etc., the Waterwise 4000 Water Distiller is a great pick.
Being a compact and versatile machine that does not require any installation or hookups, the Waterwise 4000 Water Distiller presents the right set of features to perform the process to produce distilled water anywhere with ease. Operating this unit is extremely simple. You just have to fill the boiling tank or boiling chamber with tap water and hit the start button. You will get better-tasting and clean water that is devoid of all contaminants at the end of the process. The high-quality stainless steel body and the glass container to collect the condensed water vapor are the other specifications that are in place to ensure that the quality of pure water obtained is not compromised.
Does this simple and efficient unit meet your demands to get distilled water in your comfort? If yes, make the switch to Waterwise 4000, one of the best water distillers, to keep away bottled water.
Pros and Cons of Waterwise 4000 Water Distiller
- The Waterwise 4000 is the best water distiller for a simple distillation process.
- Built with high-grade stainless steel for durability and to maintain the purity of the distilled water.
- One of the most sought-after simple water distillers in the market that produces drinking water at the touch of a button.
- Comes with stainless steel boiling chamber or boiling tank and a glass container to collect the condensed water; this ensures that the pure water collected does not touch plastic at all.
- A smart and cost-effective solution to avoid bottled water altogether.
How to clean a water distiller?
All water purification methods must be employed for some specific cleaning routine. It is crucial to have a consistent routine in line to clean a water distiller to produce pure water that is clean indeed. Purifying drinking water in any water purification unit can take place effectively only if the unit is clean and free from impurities by itself.
In order to ensure the efficiency of the water distillation cycle, you must ensure that the boiling chamber is cleaned at least once every week. Due to the presence of a high-watt heating element within the boiling chamber to heat the tap water, the possibility of limescale formation here is high. With a higher boiling point within the boiling tank, the chances of limescale, dirt, and debris accumulation are more. If you can clean your water distiller between each batch of distilled water produced, you can be assured to have pure drinking distilled water at all times.
Here is how you can clean your water distiller:
- Unplug the power cord from the water distiller.
- Remove the lid of the water distiller and soak it with warm water, vinegar, or lemon juice. Allow the lid to soak in this warm water and vinegar mixture for a few minutes, wipe the lid with a clean cloth and set the lid aside.
- Now, you have to fill the inside of the water distiller with the same mixture of warm water, vinegar, or lemon juice, and allow this mixture to soak inside the water distiller overnight.
- After having soaked overnight, the water distiller can be emptied and rinsed. Rinse the inside of the water distiller thoroughly using fresh water and wipe it thoroughly with a clean cloth.
A point to make note of while cleaning water distillers is the type of cleaning agent used. It is crucial to steer away from harsh chemicals like bleach and other cleaning agents sold at stores. Due to the nature of the distillation cycle or distillation process, there is a good chance that traces of the chemicals present in the harsh cleaning agents can get condensed along with the filtered water in the process. This can result in damage and contamination of the filter.
Yet another aspect of cleaning water distillers is replacing carbon filters. To witness the effectiveness of the carbon filtration process, you must change the carbon filter once every 4 weeks. After one batch of purifying water in the water distiller, the carbon filter will last up to upto 4 weeks. To keep away accumulation of sediments, impurities, and bacterial buildup in the filter media, you must have replacement carbon filters in stock and change them as required.
How do you test for distilled water?
Testing the purity of the water distilled is simple. Distilled water is the purest form of water and has a neutral pH of 7. Any number above 7 is alkaline or basic and anything below 7 is acidic.
A simple litmus paper test will help you to test the purity of the distilled water. Pure distilled water will not change the color of the red and blue litmus paper dipped in them.
Water Distiller vs Reverse Osmosis
The commonly used water purification method is Reverse osmosis. The effectiveness of reverse osmosis to purify water is quite similar to water distillation. Despite the efficiency and reliability of reverse osmosis, and it being the most commonly used method to get filtered water at home, users must still be aware of the slim chances of contaminants getting carried into the water.
Even after reverse osmosis, the filtered water can still contain chlorine byproducts, microorganisms, and dissolved gases. If you want to drink distilled water that is completely free from all contaminants you must resort to water distillers.
If you are considering investing in reverse osmosis for your water purification needs, here is the best reverse osmosis system present in the market.
Best RO System in the current market:
One of the highly reliable and trustworthy RO systems in the market is the APEC Water Systems RO system. This highly efficient and quality system is designed, engineered, and assembled in the USA. The WQA certification is an additional guarantee to assure the customers of the purity of the water produced. Get an unlimited clean supply of water at your home or workplace with this best RO system installed.
Effective filtration of impurities takes place with the help of the premium long-lasting filters that this RO filtration system comes with. The filters are built to remove up to 99% of impurities. The list of impurities will cover chlorine, VOCs, harmful fluoride, arsenic, lead, nitrates, heavy metals, and 1000+ impurities. You can also be assured that any unpleasant odor and taste will also be removed via the advanced filtration that comes with the APEC RO system.
The other features built into the unit that deserves appreciation are the feed water pressure of 40-85 psi, 100% lead-free designer faucet, certified JG premium grade tubing and parts, high-quality leak-free quick connect fittings without the need to seal leaks (or to use a leak detector), etc. The 20 years of industry experience, places APEC water systems at an advantage over the other manufacturers in the market.
Are the specifications designed in the APEC RO system in line with your expectations? If yes, invest in this RO water filtration system to keep your home’s water supply free from impurities.
Pros and Cons of APEC Water Systems RO system
- APEC is rated as America’s No.1 water filter brand with a successful 20-year industry experience.
- Designed, engineered, and assembled in the USA using superior quality parts.
- It comes with WQA certification that guarantees the purity of the water obtained from the unit after filtration.
- Carries out 5 stages of filtration that include Sediment Filter, Carbon filtration with Carbon Block to remove VOCs, Carbon Block to remove odors, High Rejection RO membrane (to remove lead, arsenic, etc), and Coconut Carbon Filter to get rid of residue.
- Equipped with feed water pressure of 40-85 psi, 100% lead-free designer faucet, certified JG premium grade tubing and parts, high-quality leak-free quick connect fittings.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is a water distiller better than a filter?
Water distillers and water filters follow different techniques to fulfill the purification process. Water distillation and water purification, via reverse osmosis or other methods will vary. However, water distillers are far more advanced and expensive when compared to water filters. Distilled water is the closest you can get to the purest form of water.
However, water filtration is better at retaining beneficial minerals. During the thorough water distillation process, several of the healthy minerals can also be lost. It is sometimes required to add back the beneficial minerals to improve the quality of the water. For the only reason that the healthy minerals are lost via distillation, simpler, and more effective water filtration methods are a preferred choice to purify water for drinking purposes. On the contrary, if you require pure distilled water for other purposes apart from drinking, like medical or laboratory processes, a water distiller is certainly the best option.
2. What are the 3 types of distillation?
There are different types of distillation. The three main and most effective techniques to get distilled water are Simple Distillation, Fractional Distillation, and Steam Distillation.
3. Are all water distillers the same?
No. Although the process of distillation carried out within the equipment is the same, the quality of the distilled water produced and the quality of the product itself will differ. Depending on the manufacturer and the brand, the quality of the water distillers will vary. The method of carbon filtration carried out and the engineering of alcohol distillers will also have their difference in water distillers.
4. Why is distilled water more expensive?
Distilled water is expensive when compared to bottled water owing to the highly advanced and complex water purification process. Water distillers themselves follow a more complicated method of purification that takes more time and energy consumption when compared to more commonly known water filtration methods.
5. How much electricity does a water distiller use?
The energy consumption of a distiller to make one gallon of distilled water is 3 KWH. Calculating according to the average electricity rate in the United States, if you use 10 cents per KWH, it will work out to 30 cents to make a whole gallon of pure distilled water.
5. What is the ph of distilled water?
The pH of distilled water is 7. This is the neutral number for distilled water. Above 7.0 is alkaline or basic and below 7.0 is acidic.
5. Is distilled water deionized?
No, distilled water is not the same as deionized water. To distill water, the unit utilized a heating element and condensation process, whereas deionization uses ion exchange for the water purification process.
5. How long does distilled water last?
The durability of distilled water will vary depending on the purpose for which it is used.
Unopened bottled distilled water – 5 years and more.
Opened distilled water for appliances – 1 year.
Opened distilled water for drinking – 1 week.
Home distilled water – 1 week.
That’s a wrap on the article. We trust the article was able to answer your questions about water distillation, its effects, and its benefits. We recommend that you carefully evaluate your requirements before you invest in any unit to distill water.
About The Author
Gary Wright is a certified water technician & distinguished water treatment expert, Gary Wright possesses an unrivaled depth of knowledge in water softeners and filters. Gary’s passion for water quality is rooted in his own personal experience. He grew up in a small town with hard water, and he remembers the challenges of dealing with dry skin, an itchy scalp, and cloudy drinking water. As an adult, he decided to become a water treatment expert so that he could help others avoid the same problems. His expertise empowers individuals and communities to enjoy pure, refreshing water for a healthier lifestyle.